Whitewater High School: Green Zone.

Whitewater High School: Green Zone.

Whitewater High School: Green Zone.

Matthew Johnson, Writer

This week, October 19th, Whitewater High School went all green. Green Zone means that they can come every day instead of just two days a week. Some Whitewater students have had trouble working at home knowing that they could be on their phones just as easily. Now since Whitewater’s in school they should be able to work better, and make better grades. Whitewater has had some cases of Covid-19 but not many. Most of the cases are on sports teams because of all the physical contact. Whitewater has waited a while, and put more restrictions for Covid-19 so that they could go into green and now they can. Whitewater’s assistant principle, JP Ward said “Although we are going to have all of the students in the building at one time, our safety procedures and protocols will not change.  Mask wearing will continue to be a requirement for students and staff.  Our hallways will continue to be set up for two way traffic flows with no loitering allowed during class changes.  We have added an additional lunch period to the schedule in order to continue to serve the students in the cafeteria with the fewest possible numbers.  Our number one priority will continue to be the safety of our students and our staff.  We will do all things possible to reduce the chances of spreading the virus from person to person”. Whitewater is doing all they can to keep their students safe and will do anything to reduce the spread of Covid-19.