NBA Draft Results

Featured+left+to+right+are+new+teammates+Karl-Anthony+Towns%2C+Anthony+Edwards%2C+and+D%27Angelo+Russell+

Featured left to right are new teammates Karl-Anthony Towns, Anthony Edwards, and D’Angelo Russell

Nolan Brown, Sports Editor

On Wednesday night came one of the most important parts of the NBA season, the 2020 draft. With young talent widespread and far throughout, predictions were all over the place, although the core three remained consistent. With the first overall pick the Minnesota Timberwolves selected Anthony Edwards a shooting guard out of UGA known for his large stature and explosiveness among close contact. Behind Edwards came the 7’1 center center James Wiseman of Memphis, drafted by the Golden State Warriors (who just suffered the crippling loss of star shooting guard Klay Thompson) in hopes of filling a large gap within their roster. Despite being formerly speculated as the first overall pick, LaMelo Ball (brother of Lonzo Ball) was picked up by the Charlotte Hornets, and with an offense lacking in both power and efficiency, is now looked upon to carry a young franchise into the coming years. The point guard was infamously known as the son of loud and gritty Lavar Ball, but kept to himself and let his skills speak during his high school years. After a decision to avoid college, Ball played in Australian and Chinese leagues until his eligibility, bringing a unique flair into his new style of play. With an NBA season that is still being manufactured and twisted amongst the pains of a global pandemic, these young stars will soon be given the chance to suit up on the biggest stage for basketball in the world.