Elizabeth City State University

Makayla Childs, Writer

Elizabeth City State University is a historically black university located in Elizabeth City, North Carolina. Elizabeth City State University offers bachelor’s, associate’s, and master’s degrees for a diverse student body. Their mission is to promote economic, social, and environmental progress for the people of northeastern North Carolina, the state, and the nation. ECSU is seen as one of the cheapest HBCU known to mankind that offers low out-of-state tuition cost. ECSU is guided by a commitment to excellence, which is personified in the subsequent group of core values the university strives to demonstrate and maintain. ECSU is a place where the smartest minds from all over the country come together to discover, learn and cultivate the foundations of their future. Currently, ECSU offers over 30 undergraduate and graduate degree programs, with several online degree options. From business to education to aviation and emergency management, ECSU prepares students to compete in the global workforce. Over the years, the university fared well among publications that rank institutions. ECSU has earned national acclaim for its advancements: U.S. News and World Report ranked ECSU #7 Top Public Schools.