options for getting help on schoolwork

Kylee Gutierrez, Contributor

Many high school students struggle to complete homework and school work assignments because they don’t understand what they’ve been taught. They might not know how to do assignments or what they are learning. Fortunately, Whitewater High School has many options for getting help to understand these assignments and what is being taught in the classroom. 

Ms. Floyd states, “Agendas, notebooks, help from our teachers, study groups, help groups, peer tours, and doing your homework will help you understand.” She then proceeds to explain everything by saying “agendas help you stay organized”, and “notebooks help to be able to find all your information.” She also states, “Get to school a few minutes early and see your teacher about those questions.” She also mentions study groups are a great way to learn with friends. Peer tutors can be a lot of help too. To get a peer tutor all you have to do is “see your teacher two times for extra help to be eligible for a peer tutor. You can fill out a form in the guidance office, and the counselors will work to set the tutor up for you.” The tutoring sessions are usually before or after school, whichever works best for your schedule. These options are great resources for you to get the help you need in order to understand and pass your classes.