PD arrests Pennsylvania crossing guard for supplying narcotics to middle school students

According to reports, a crossing guard in a Pennsylvania community has been taken into custody for allegedly providing middle school students with drugs.

According to Fox 29 Philadelphia, Police were informed by a student that Lee had been distributing vapes to students on multiple occasions and had been smoking marijuana frequently with another student.

According to Fox 29, the student’s guardian has also confirmed that Lee provided vapes and marijuana edibles to her child.

Authorities have revealed that text messages exchanged between Lee and the student indicate that they shared their experiences after consuming the edibles.

Delaware County District Attorney Jack Stollsteimer expressed his concern over the abuse of trust by school crossing guards. These guards play a crucial role in ensuring the safety of children and are trusted with their lives. Stollsteimer emphasized that any betrayal of this trust is not only disturbing but also poses a threat to the well-being of the entire community.

According to Fox 29, a concerned parent of a student at Penn Wood Middle School expressed their distress upon hearing the news about Lee.

Maya Bryant expressed her concern as a parent about the alarming news of an employee of the borough selling to kids. “It’s already challenging to keep our children away from negative influences, and to know that someone who works for the borough would engage in such behavior is simply insane,” she said.

Malekka Dade, a concerned parent, expressed her disappointment with the fact that the individuals who are assigned to protect children on street corners are now potentially providing drugs to them. She shared her disgust with Fox 29, stating, “It’s a shame to have these people on these corners to do their job, and now you’re telling me the kids are receiving drugs from them? It’s utterly disgusting.”

Lee is currently facing charges of corruption of minors and possession of marijuana, as per jail records. The charges against him include two counts each of corruption of minors and possession of marijuana, along with other charges.

According to officials, she was not able to make her $20,000 bail.

The court has set a date for the preliminary hearing, which is June 14th.