Susan Rodgers, a friend to all

Susan Rodgers staff photo

Susan Rodgers staff photo

Perry Sullivan, Contributor

My fellow students, as I’m sure you’re aware, one of our beloved staff members passed on, surrounded by family and friends this last Thursday due to injuries from a vehicle accident. Susan Rodgers was known by those around her as a hard worker ¨ She would work in the library through lunch and then would go to the front office to handle attendance, she would really go wherever she was needed¨- Mr. Baker. She also previously worked with special needs kids and even when she wasn’t required to be there anymore she would still visit to bring every student smiles. She was also known to keep in touch with her previous students, some even visiting her as recently as a week ago. Every person near her can testify that she was always kind and helpful, even comforting others at the death of a previous staff member, Mr. Johnson. Mr. Baker is one of her work friends whom she met again (former acquaintances) when arriving at whitewater in 2007. Mr. Baker mentioned in our interview that while Mrs. Rodgers had her own health issues, she would work through them so she could help others. It is truly a shame that we must lose this kind soul, but I’m sure we are all thankful for the memories that we have with her, she will be missed, but not forgotten.