Hit Disney Show High School Musical: The Musical: The Series Announces Second Season

ABC via Getty Images

GOOD MORNING AMERICA – Today, Friday, November 8, the stars of the upcoming Disney+ series High School Musical: The Musical: The Series Joshua Bassett (Ricky), Olivia Rodrigo (Nini), Sofia Wylie (Gina), Matt Cornett (E.J.), Dara Renee’ (Kourtney), Frankie A. Rodriguez (Carlos), Julia Lester (Ashlyn) and Larry Saperstein (Big Red) took the stage at Good Morning America for an exhilarating performance and a chat with creator / executive producer Tim Federle. The first episode of the series has a special telecast on three networks ABC, Disney Channel and Freeform tonight, FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 8 (8:00 p.m. ET/PT) before the series premieres on Disney+ Tuesday, November 12. “Good Morning America” airs 7am-9am, ET on ABC. (Jeff Neira/Walt Disney Television via Getty Images) HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL: THE MUSICAL: THE SERIES

Caroline Breedon, Editor-In-Chief

In the second season of High School Musical: The Musical: The series the East High drama department will be putting on a play of Beauty and the Beast. The first season the drama department put on a production of High School Musical. This series reinvented the hit movie for a new generation of Disney fans while bringing some nostalgia to the old ones. The show now gets to move on and perform different Disney hits. As of now, no release date for the show has been set.