FCBOE: COVID-19 on 03/17/2020

FCBOE: COVID-19 on 03/17/2020

Landen Baynard, Editor-In-Chief

As the spread of COVID-19 increases, we are seeing more suspensions and closings of school for longer times. The current number of confirmed cases in the state of Georgia is 146, still only 5 in Fayette County. After an executive order from Governor Kemp, all public schools in Georgia will be closed from March 18 to March 31.

“Last night, Governor Brian Kemp issued an executive order closing all public elementary, secondary and post-secondary public schools in Georgia from March 18 to March 31 to help lessen the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus). In compliance with the executive order, Fayette County Public Schools will remain closed through March 31. We will contact you by no later than noon on March 30 to inform you of school operations for April 1.”

The school has utilized the Chromebooks and has moved the student body to virtual learning. All assignments and classes are taught online for the time being. Please check your email, Blackboard, and Google Classroom for assignments and updates from your teachers.

FCBOE will continue to monitor the situation and update the county on their twitter and their website. For more information regarding FCBOE and COVID-19, click here.

The Whitewater Weekly will continue to update the student body as FCBOE releases more information.